Ingersoll Rand Lab Operations Leader in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Lab Operations Leader is a professional member of the NA Commercial HVAC Engineering Laboratory Leadership Team. This leadership role is committed to delivering high-quality data to the product design engineering teams by leading teams of CHVAC Technicians responsible for testing and data acquisition for Unitary and Airside product development in the NA CHVAC Laboratories. Responsibilities include promoting lab safety and meeting all safety goals, training and development of team members, providing recognition/awards to deserving team members and creating/maintaining a mentorship program for the Lab Operations team members. Other responsibilities include defining and maintaining MDI/visual management processes, metrics and other Operational Excellence (OPEX) initiatives in conjunction with the Laboratory OPEX team and actively participating in the 5S program for the CHVAC Laboratories. The Lab Operations Team works closely with the Lab Quality team to fully comply with all ISO 17025 and other agency requirements as well as with all other Laboratory teams, as needed, for product development testing. This role also interacts with Product Design Engineering teams, other Ingersoll Rand Labs, other functions and customers to fully support product development test needs within the Commercial HVAC SBU and other IR SBU’s as requested.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Work closely with the Lab EHS and Quality Leader and all Lab team members to ensure that safety is the top priority for everyone (Leaders, team members and visitors) while in the NA CHVAC Laboratories.
- Foster a quality system aimed at improving the Lab’s ability to consistently produce valid test results and data.
- Lead multiple Lab Operations teams that strives to continuously improve Trane’s world-class CHVAC Engineering Laboratory utilizing OPEX Lean Principles including visual management and 9-step problem solving techniques.
- Talent Management – recruit, develop, train and motivate Lab Operations team members while generating an engaged team approach with the rest of the CHVAC Laboratory organization.
- Apply standard work across all labs to eliminate waste and leverage best practices.
- Develop short- and long-term strategies, in conjunction with the other CHVAC Laboratory Leaders, for a world-class lab that are aligned with business unit objectives and lead coordinated tactical efforts to achieve those goals.
- Work closely with other Functional Leaders to understand development testing needs and utilize IRPPM to plan the Lab Operations team resources needed to support on-time completion of the project deliverables per the customer’s requested due date (project milestones).
- Align tasks and priorities between Lab Operations teams.
- Support Capital Expenditure projects, in collaboration with the Lab Engineering Team, that continue to enhance our world class CHVAC Laboratories.
- Support the utilization of a Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) system to ensure maximum up-time and longevity of the CHVAC Laboratory facilities and equipment.
- Responsibly use and protect our natural resources through conservation and sustainable practices.
- Responsible for Lab Operations expense budgets for the CHVAC Laboratory.
- Leverage other Ingersoll Rand Laboratories, to maximize efficiency in completing requested testing and provide data to the product development design teams.
- Ability to travel 10%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (BSME or BSEE preferred) and at least 10 years of lab test engineering and/or engineering experience is required.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Operations, project management and/or HVAC engineering experience is preferred.
- People leadership experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of lab equipment.
- Proficient MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of Visual Management, Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, Belt certification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to lead by influence and sound strategy.
- Excellent ability to coach, motivate and engage others to develop high performing teams.
- Understands the importance of putting the customer first, strong self-motivation and proven operational and technical skills will be keys to success.
- Demonstrated project and people leadership experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Fundamental HVAC technical knowledge.
- Familiar with test equipment, laboratory testing, workflow processes and quality systems.
- Takes innovative approaches to improve processes and solves problems with the 9-step process.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, and ability to work in a team environment and build cross-functional partnerships.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 21, 2018, 2:51:24 PM