Ingersoll Rand Quality & Manufacturing Engineering Manager in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
ThisQuality & Manufacturing Engineering Managerdirects quality and manufacturing engineering activities and resources, through subordinates, to ensure that engineering projects are completed effectively. This position plays a vital role in guiding engineering projects and directing the activities and resources of the engineering department while providing overall management, direction and guidance for all activities related to quality and engineering.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Develop departmental activities and engineering personnel, control quality and maintain compliance of Company activities.
- Develop and recommend policies, procedures and programs to assure optimum quality of products and services supplied by the Company; including but not limited to: inspections, machining and process coordination, statistical process control coordination, etc.
- Work with all departments to ensure quality products are supplied to customers.
- Ensure customer requirements are addressed and work with customers to resolve quality problems.
- Work with suppliers to reduce quality issues.
- Interact with internal and external contacts to lead department activities.
- Develop and implement overall Plant programs for quality assurance and engineering within the scope of corporate guidelines.
- Identify needs and programs for QA training for all Plant personnel.
- Implement quality system requirements to include supervision of all inspection personnel, inspection and gage calibration functions, and the supplier quality program.
- Compliance with applicable quality systems.
- Compliance with applicable Company, local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations.
- Analyze defects in process, procedures, materials and products and recommend corrective measures to maintain quality standards.
- Work with suppliers and vendors to ensure company quality standards are met.
- Facilitate efforts to maintain and continually improve the quality system.
- Manage human resources required to support quality and engineering needs.
- Interact and communicate with all levels of organization, including other Plants.
- Provide reports to Plant Manager on status of product quality and engineering.
- Maintain quality system operating procedures.
- Communicate quality and engineering performance data to all relevant Plant personnel for corrective action.
- Implement, monitor and modify critical to quality and engineering initiatives and programs.
- Perform special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and at least 8 years of work experience in engineering and/or quality is required.
- Six Sigma Belt Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of Visual Management, Lean and Six Sigma.
- Ability to coach, motivate and engage others to develop high-performing teams.
- Strong engineering management experience and ability to build high-performance team to support SCADA and other mechanical and electrical systems and controls software.
- Fundamental HVAC technical knowledge.
- Familiarity with test equipment, laboratory testing, workflow processes, and quality systems.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 30, 2018, 8:36:38 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.