Ingersoll Rand Senior Acoustics Engineer in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we arepassionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance thequality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficientenvironments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , IngersollRand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , AmericanStandard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® -work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary ：
This Senior Acoustics Engineer willwork in an Acoustics Engineering group with a focus on commercial HVAC productdevelopment, technology development, continuous product support and fieldsupport. This role is responsible for applying experimental and computationalmethods for product sound ratings, developing industry leading quiet designs insupport of product plans, and representing Trane at technical societies. Potential focus areas include acoustic testingand simulation, structural vibration, component (fans and compressors) andsystem noise, acoustic transmission and radiation and acoustic mitigationmethods. This Engineer will work closelywith various product & technology development teams and with globalengineering support center personnel around the globe.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Support and carry-out the advancement and growth of appliedacoustics engineering as well as laboratory measurements. The scope encompassestechnology in both computational and experimental tools & methodologiesapplicable to Commercial HVAC products.
- Work closely with product engineers as a member of the variousproduct & technology development teams to design reliable & quietproducts and provide solutions to meet market requirements.
- Plan, conduct and supervise various acoustics & vibrationtests and/or projects, including but not limited to: sound power (reverberantroom, hemi-anechoic and sound intensity), sound pressure, steady state andtransient vibration, transmission loss and acoustics material properties.
- Work closely with both technicians and engineers (product,acoustics, lab, etc.). Responsibilitiesinclude understanding and prioritizing test requests, designing and proposingthe appropriate tests, discussing and supervising test implementations, assuringthe validity of the data and its interpretation and documenting the work informal reports.
- Plan, conduct and supervise work related to developing acousticsimulation models. The scope includes prediction of vibration, sound radiation,source identification, sound transmission and muffler performance, using 1Dmodels, finite element (FEA), boundary element (BEA), statistical energyanalysis (SEA) and/or other methods.
- Correlating simulation or any other prediction models with testdata to improve prediction accuracy and validate models.
- Support and successfully accomplish annual corporate objectivesfor individuals and team.
- Effectively utilize personal project management techniques andutilize the available technical skills and resources necessary for success.
- Bachelor's Degree in Applied Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering,Physics (or related technical discipline with focus in acoustics and vibration)and at least 5 years of Acoustics or NVH experience is required.
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. is preferred.
- Formal coursework in acoustics, vibration, structural mechanicsand digital signal processing.
- Experience in acoustic data and structural acquisition systems,both hardware and software, as well as mechanical strain measurement is preferred.
- Experience with Commercial HVAC products, (chillers, air handlers,packed rooftops, fans and compressors) and AHRI, ANSI and ISO test standards isdesired.
- Experience or knowledge in LMS Test.Lab is highly desirable whilethat in ANSYS, Virtual.Lab, ESI VA-One, and HYPERWORKS would be considered aplus.
- Knowledge in the design, testing and optimization for sound,vibration and/or flow characteristics of machinery.
- Ability to work on multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
- Internalize Ingersoll Rand’s purpose, advocate positively for theorganization, engender the trust and respect of others, and live the values ofintegrity, teamwork, respect, courage and innovation.
- Speak and write in an authentic and persuasive manner to strike achord with the listener, inspire engagement and commitment, and compel action.
- Seek opportunities and engage with others to gain understandingand insights through the pursuit of information, experiences, dialogue andfeedback.
- Cultivate mutually-beneficial customer relationships and work toearn the trust of the customer by ensuring that the Company delivers value andacquire customer-driven insights to effectively address issues, needs andopportunities.
- Innovate by imagining new possibilities and combining existingideas and approaches to create new business solutions.
- Question accepted practices, develop creative approaches, mitigateresistance to change and encourage others to do the same to promote progressthrough change.
- Focus on achieving ever-higher standards of excellence – for thebusiness, the organization and personally.
We are committed to helping youreach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitivecompensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensivebenefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building aninclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the differentbackgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation,generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand.Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 14, 2018, 4:22:11 PM