Ingersoll Rand Supervisor-Lab in LA CROSSE, Wisconsin
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Lab Supervisor-Air Cooled Chiller Test is a professional member of the North America (NA) Commercial HVAC Engineering Laboratory Team. This supervisory role is committed to delivering high-quality data to the product design engineering teams by leading a team of CHVAC technicians responsible for assembly, setup, and completion of development testing along with acquisition and storage of data and results related to air cooled chiller product development in the NA CHVAC laboratories.Responsibilities include promoting lab safety and meeting all safety goals, training and developing team members, providing recognition/awards to deserving team members, and actively mentoring the Air Cooled Chiller team members.
Other responsibilities include daily sponsorship of MDI/visual management processes, metric tracking, and other Operational Excellence (OPEX) initiatives in conjunction with the laboratory OPEX team and actively participating in the 5S program for the CHVAC laboratories.The Air Cooled Chiller Test Team works closely with the lab quality team to fully comply with all ISO 17025 and other agency requirements, as well as with all other laboratory teams, as needed, for product development testing.
This role also interacts with project teams, other Ingersoll Rand labs, other functions, and customers to fully support product development test needs within the Commercial HVAC SBU and other IR SBU’s as requested.
- Active daily interaction, including layered audits, with all lab team members to ensure that safety is the top priority for everyone (leaders, team members, and visitors) while in the NA CHVAC Laboratories. Active daily interaction, including layered audits, with all lab team members to ensure compliance with the Lab Quality Management System aimed at improving the lab’s ability to consistently produce valid test results and data.
- Lead a team of technicians that strives to continuously improve Trane’s world-class CHVAC Engineering Laboratory, utilizing OPEX Lean principles, including visual management and 9-step problem solving technique
- Talent Management – recruit, mentor, and motivate team members while generating an engaged team approach with the rest of the organization.Work closely with the team members to define and support personal development plans.
- Develop and implement standard work in the Air Cooled Chiller Test area to eliminate waste and leverage best practices.
- Develop and support achievement of performance objectives for the team, in conjunction with the other CHVAC laboratory supervisors, which are aligned with business unit objectives and visual management metrics. Work closely with project teams to understand development testing needs (resources, equipment, deliverables and timing).
- Utilize IRPPM to plan team resources, both people and facilities, needed to safely support high quality, on-time completion of the project deliverables per the customer’s requested due date (project milestones).
- Utilize visual management and collaboration with other Lab Supervisors to manage daily resource needs to fulfill these requests.
- Alignment and prioritization of the daily tasks the team needs to execute to stay aligned with project team’s expectations.
- Support implementation of Capital Expenditure projects which continue to enhance our world class CHVAC Laboratories.
- Support timely completion of facility and equipment preventative maintenance through the utilization of a Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) system.
- Work closely with the team members to responsibly use and protect our natural resources through conservation and sustainable practices.
- Work closely with the Lab Operations Leader to operate within the expense budget for the team.
- Work closely with CHVAC Operations and other Laboratory team members to support sales order performance testing as needed.
- Work with other Ingersoll Rand Laboratories, as needed, to utilize available resources to support completing requested deliverables to the project teams.
- Utilize business systems to review and approve team member timecards and vacation requests, purchase requests and test requests.
- Ability to travel 5%.
- Associate degree in applicable discipline (i.e.; refrigeration, air conditioning and heating, electromechanical, electronics) is required.
- Experience with HVAC equipment and laboratory equipment and testing practices is preferred.
- Previous supervisory and/or project team leadership preferred.
- Experience with Visual Management, Lean, and/or Six Sigma methodologies preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent ability to coach, motivate and engage others to develop high performing teams.
Understands the importance of putting the customer first; strong self-motivation and technical skills will be keys to success.
Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
Fundamental HVAC technical knowledge preferred.
Familiar with test equipment, laboratory testing, workflow processes and quality systems.
Leading the team through structured problem solving processes.
Strong organizational skills.
Work effectively in a team environment and build cross-functional partnerships.
Understands the importance of putting the customer first; strong self-motivation and technical skills will be keys to success.Effective written and verbal communication skills required.Fundamental HVAC technical knowledge preferred.Familiar with test equipment, laboratory testing, workflow processes and quality systems.Leading the team through structured problem solving processes.Strong organizational skills.Work effectively in a team environment and build cross-functional partnerships.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LA CROSSE-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 20, 2018, 2:28:55 PM