Ingersoll Rand Energy Services Project Manager - TRANE in LONG ISLAND CITY, New York
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane in NYC has an exciting opportunity to join our Building Solutions/ Intelligent Services Team as a Project Manager! This is a critical role on our team, and we are looking for someone with experience in the analysis ofBuilding Automation data, and who understands theEnergy/Powerstructure in NYC & Long Island.
The Energy Project Manager on our Intelligent Services team will:
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external customers through performance and execution of Intelligent Services Building Performance and Energy Performance Agreements.
- Develop strong customer relationships with building owners, work in coordination with the Intelligent Services Area Service Manager, Services Account Managers, Controls Account Managers, IS Energy Engineers, Service Controls Field Team Leader and Service Control Technicians in developing system solutions to increase the BAS service agreements and pull through business from these agreements.
- Fulfill Intelligent Services contract obligations effectively, efficiently and within safety standards.
- Responsible for gathering all pertinent data, trends and charts to develop customer facing documentation
- Responsible to lead quarterly or semiannual Technical Strategy Review meetings for each Intelligent Service Agreement customer
- Diagnose energy opportunities with customer’s facilities and provide small energy projects that solve customer issues/opportunities
- Responsible to aid in the acquisition of pull through work and assist in meeting or exceeding the BAS owner direct company goals
- Partners closely with Account Managers and Energy Engineers.
- Assist as needed with development of solutions working with all Services Sales team members to include the IS Energy Engineer and IS Area Service Manager.
- Perform remote site analysis via web access as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-Year College or technical school; four (4) to ten (10) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of office equipment and Microsoft Office products.
- Strong familiarity with the operation of Energy Management Systems, Building Automation (BAS) systems, HVAC Systems and/or Temperature Controls required.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to follow directions and work well with others
- Be motivated and be a self-starter and work independently
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
REASONING ABILITY - Data Analysis
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: LONG ISLAND CITY-New York
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 16, 2018, 11:31:05 AM