Ingersoll Rand 2 -Positions_Sheetmetal Brake Press Operator_1st Shift; 1- Position 2nd shift Sheetmetal Brake Operator in MACON, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Operate the Press brake Machines and support the production team by assembling parts, operating machinery, punching or sawing of metal products as instructed by supervisors. Produce a variety of parts, all of which must meet the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings. This position may include all or some of the duties and responsibilities listed below.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist other machine operators.
- Select proper punches and dies based on material thickness and type.
- Set up tooling, load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Determine if tools are undamaged and in safe condition for use.
- Work in a fast paced environment with fast changing priorities.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Lift raw materials, final products, and items packed for shipment, manually up to 25 pounds.
- Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators.
- OSHA standards applicable to the responsibilities above.
- Consistently produce usable product that meets the dimensional specifications of the mechanical engineered drawings while following standard work instructions.
- Ability to work overtime, including daily overtime and weekends Saturday and possible Sundays as business needs require.
- Ability to work flexible hours during peak season April - August.
- Ability to work as a team and work in other areas as required due to business need.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic knowledge of reading drawings and blueprints.
- Solid background working with sheet metal.
- Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance.
- Proven measurement and mathematical fraction/decimal conversion skills.
- Ability to follow written standard work including the ability to read a tape measure and calipers.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in an effective way with minimal supervision required.
- Flexible schedule is required in order to meet customer demand.
- Candidate has to be a strong Team player.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 2 years of experience operating and programming press brake machine required.
Position is not eligible for relocation.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MACON-Georgia
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 9, 2018, 5:19:25 PM