Ingersoll Rand Electrical Engineer in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionateabout inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of lifeby creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people andour family of brands—includingClub Car® , IngersollRand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , AmericanStandard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort ofair in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; andincrease industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global businesscommitted to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For moreinformation, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary ：
We have a great opportunity foran Electrical Engineer to join our team. This role worksdirectly with our customers to ensure the best possible, highest quality andmost reliable Transport HVAC system is provided for their application. Working as part of a cross-functional team, the Electrical Application Engineerallows for a diverse set of experiences including requirement development,design, test, field support and direct customer interfacing. Thisindividual will complete and/or coordinate multiple projects simultaneously andprovide customer focused input to the team for success in the market.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Work with internal andexternal Product Management, Commercial and Engineering teams to developproposals based on bus procuring authority specifications and marketrequirements.
- Work directly with bus OEMengineering teams to define and coordinate Custom Order Design (COD) projectsbased on development efforts and/or new procuring authority requirements.
- Serve as the technical pointof contact and facilitate communication between the Thermo King design team andcustomers on new and existing products.
- Develop electricalsubsystems and components for diesel, hybrid electric or alternative fueledvehicle applications based on unique customer requirements.
- Participate in designreviews, design failure mode and effects analysis (DFMEA) and design validationplan and report (DVP&R) activities.
- Provide support tomanufacturing during new product launches and on an as needed basis forquality, reliability and productivity improvements.
- Provide technical support tothe bus OEM to ensure the bus HVAC system is properly applied and installed perThermo King guidelines.
- Conduct HVAC systemapplication reviews and support bus and subsystem development and validationtesting.
- Work with the Service Team,bus OEM and transit authorities to identify and resolve fieldissues.
- Provide support to meet assignedquality and reliability targets.
- Travel 10-20% in NorthAmerica to customer sites and facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in ElectricalEngineering or Computer Science and at least 2 years of electrical and/orsystems engineering experience is required.
- Experience in the design ofvehicle electrical systems, harness/interconnection systems, embedded softwareor controls is preferred.
- Hands-on proficiency usingelectrical tools and instrumentation to perform testing and gather data.
- Strong PC-based computer skillsincluding software installation and configuration, familiarity with programmingin C/C is preferred.
- Ability to troubleshootsoftware and control systems and provide remote support.
- Knowledge in automotivenetworking (e.g. CAN) standards.
- Experience in or knowledge of theNorth American bus and coach market is beneficial.
- Strong customer focus with ademonstrated ability to develop relationships and interface with customers oncritical technical matters.
- Highly-organized with astrong attention to detail.
- Technical aptitude to quickly andefficiently gather, understand, condense and organize information to makeinformed engineering decisions.
- Ability to communicate clearlyusing both written and verbal methods.
- Possess a self-motivateddesire to learn and have the ability to share and apply new knowledgeeffectively.
- Strong analytical abilities andtechnical knowledge of HVAC system control is preferred.
- Initiative and independence witha demonstrated ability to succeed in a cross functional team environment.
- Knowledge of vehicleenvironmental and safety requirements.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We arecommitted to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as valuesthe different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn,spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: MINNEAPOLIS-Minnesota
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 5, 2018, 9:25:51 AM