Ingersoll Rand Program Manager in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Program Manager will lead cross functional teams to deliver new or improved Thermo King products to market through a structured stage gate process. This role ensures new products meet specific customer requirements, program goals, timelines and budgets. Program Managers take P&L accountability for all NPD activity through product launch. A key deliverable for the role is to follow best practices and drive teams towards project execution to a hand off with operations.
- Works closely with management and business leaders to create program scope, objectives and risk assessment.
- Works closely with Product Managers to define customer and product requirements.
- Anticipates issues and drives countermeasures to ensure programs meet intended objectives.
- Directs and coordinates activities of program personnel to ensure programs progress on schedule and within budget while meeting established customer requirements.
- Resolves people and team dynamic issues for the effective performance of the program team in completing their assignments.
- Manages intra-program dependencies and their interrelationships, and their impact upon other programs and projects.
- Mentors and coaches program team members and non-dedicated project leaders on project management fundamentals.
- Schedules and leads timely status review meetings.
- Escalates issues and mitigation recommendations to upper management.
- Reduces current NPD cycle time.
- Works with PMO Leader other Program Managers both internal and external to the SBU to continuously improve the New Product Development process.
- Drives the planning and implementation of multiple programs across the organization.
- Reviews completed programs & drives organizational learning and process improvement.
- 5 years’ experience in one or more of the following disciplines: Project Management, Operations, Engineering, Finance, Procurement, Product management
- 5 years’ experience leading & managing New Product Development programs strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Engineering, Business, Finance or other related degree required.
- PMP Certification is strongly preferred.
- Certified MS Project Orange belt preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 15%
- Experience leading new product development programs from concept to production using a stage gate process.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to drive program specific issues and goals to closure.
- Tenacity in driving program team members to meet or exceed program timelines and outcomes.
- Business acumen and experience in business case development and scenario planning.
- Proven ability to integrate business, marketing, and technical elements of a new product development program, including anticipating issues and driving countermeasures and issues to closure.
- Self-starter with a desire to make a significant impact on the product development process.
- Courage to raise issues to upper management when a program is at risk.
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven experience leading cross functional teams.
- Proficient at defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusion using six sigma methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management.
- Good understanding of consumer products, software, and hardware development preferred.
- Experience with project management software.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MINNEAPOLIS-Minnesota
Job: Project Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 29, 2018, 2:32:13 PM