Ingersoll Rand Ductless/VRF Estimator in MIRAMAR, Florida
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane in Miramar (Miami), FL has an amazing opportunity to join our team as anDuctless/VRF Equipment Estimator!Our Estimators work closely with Account Managers, Bid Coordinators, Project Managers, sub-contractors, and material suppliers to ensure timely completion of a detailed cost estimate.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering (preferably Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering – BSME) or engineering technology with a minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in estimating, engineering, construction management; OR Associate's degree in engineering, engineering technology with a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in estimating, engineering, construction; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for reviewing Plans & Specifications and developing cost estimates, ensuring accuracy of quantity, size, configuration, voltage, options, etc. of Trane materials, sub-contractors, non-Trane purchased equipment, labor (start-up, service work, etc.), and other construction-related activities to assist Account Managers in bidding projects.
- Responsible for holding job pre-bid meeting with Account Managers to review scope, strategy, etc.
- Creates detailed proposals including scope definition, exceptions/exclusions, vendor/sub-contractor quotes, etc.
- Work with AM & PM to prepare submittal in order to transition job from AM to fulfillment team.
- Equipment Submittals.
- Validating Equipment Selections
- Handling small change orders as directed by account manager.
In addition to the above requirements, we are looking for a team member who is:
- Highly organized & who can maintain meticulous records of multiple projects at once;
- Able to maintain effective work relationships with both peers and customers;
- Great at communication, both written and verbal
- Driven to get the work done on time with precision and accuracy;
- Customer focused.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MIRAMAR-Florida
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 27, 2018, 1:33:08 PM