Ingersoll Rand EHS Specialist in MOCKSVILLE, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The EHS Specialist works with Environmental Health and Safety Manager to plan, direct, and implement environmental health and safety programs to ensure a positive, safe, healthy, and incident-free work environment. The EHS Specialist is also responsible for the compliance with all environmental and safety regulatory requirements. The individual filling this role is expected to be an assertive change agent who can deliver business results.
- Work with manufacturing site leaders to ensure implementation of environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs and systems.
- Ensure safe, healthy and environmentally friendly working conditions by conducting site assessments for adherence to company policies and programs and compliance with state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations.
- Analyze proactive and reactive EHS data to recommend measures to reduce or eliminate industrial incidents and health hazards in compliance with OSHA, EPA, and Ingersoll Rand standards.
- Assist management in conducting incident investigations for all injury, illness, property damage, and fire incidents.
- Review, revise and/or develop new EHS processes based on company needs or compliance with regulatory changes,
- Perform compliance reviews of regulatory programs, develop gap assessments and associated action plans for closure.
- Lead one or more Immersion Tracker Programs (EHS Elements) and serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for other programs.
- Develop compliance assurance plans to assist facility in meeting environmental goals.
- Prepare mandated environmental reports (Form R, Tier II, Air Emissions, Chemical Usage, Analytical Sampling) and ensure timely receipt by the proper entity.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise to manufacturing, engineering and facilities personnel in evaluating the environmental, safety and health aspects of manufacturing processes, chemical use and building design.
- Develop, implement, and track training programs to ensure compliance with regulatory and Ingersoll Rand mandated requirements.
- Utilize the Gensuite system to input monthly metrics as defined by our enterprise EHS team
- Lead EHS teams to promote employee involvement
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
- Ability to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
- Ability to consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Ability to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
- Ability to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Ability to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Ability to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments
- Excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Ability to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others
- Ability to use Lean and/or six sigma tools to develop strategy and solve problems.
- Fluent knowledge of environmental regulations applicable to air, water and waste sources and/or federal and state OSHA programs and ability to prepare environmental reports such as Tier II, Form R, air emissions and water discharges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or other EHS related discipline.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience preferred.
- Professional certifications (CSP, CIH) are preferred
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MOCKSVILLE-North Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 1, 2018, 11:49:31 AM