Ingersoll Rand Manufacturing Engineer in MOCKSVILLE, North Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®, Thermo King® ,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Manufacturing methods and processes are established and reviewed to minimize total cost and improve quality and productivity. New capital equipment requirements are analyzed, installed, and their proper use is documented and instructed. New product designs are reviewed for manufacturing. Provides (technical) support and assistance in the implementation of engineering and process changes to new and existing products. Participates in rapid improvement events.
- Suggests, evaluates, implements & manages multiple manufacturing projects from beginning to end
- Evaluates, develops and implements machining processes on current or future assets
- Implements capital equipment including evaluation, selection, run-offs, and implementation
- Maintains manufacturing best practices including precision machining, lean manufacturing, and machine tool / tooling technologies
- Evaluates non-conforming material and provides proper disposition
- Leads special projects including NPD, insourcing, productivity and capital procurement
- Designs tooling, gages and fixtures using 3D modeling software
- Develops manufacturing routings internal and sub-con operations
- Leads machine tool installations throughout the entire process
- Supports production efforts through troubleshooting manufacturing issues
- Ensures compliance with ISO 9001:2015 standards
- Supports safety and environmental practices
- Performs other duties assigned by immediate supervisor
- Strong analytical ability to solve issues such as: manufacturing problems and dimensional or calculation errors.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and carry out root cause analysis.
- Solid understanding of electro-mechanical assembly and machining processes and overall business operations
- Fluent using inspection tools, techniques and their application to the engineering requirements
- Ability to communicate at all levels internally, customers and suppliers
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Techniques and ability to create standard work
- Comprehensive understanding of machine tool operations
- In-depth knowledge of CNC Programming, CAD / CAM / CAE, MS Office Software, and MS Project
- Competent in advanced engineering drawings including GD&T and tolerance analysis
- Understanding of rotary screw compressors and/or centrifugal compressors
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Degree Required & Experience Type:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in machining manufacturing environment
- Light travel as required
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: MOCKSVILLE-North Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 13, 2018, 9:11:00 AM