Ingersoll Rand Account Manager-Atlanta in NORCROSS, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our Norcross, GA Compressor Sales Team. If you have a bachelor's degree (engineering preferred) along with a minimum of 5-10 years of technical sales (compressors, centrifugals, chillers, large industrial equipment, heavy machinery) experience in an industrial setting, this may be the opportunity for you.
- Ingersoll Rand Customer Centers give you the opportunity to be part of a local business creating innovative customer solutions, focused on driving customer satisfaction. Become an integral part of a close-knit team environment, servicing diverse customers representing all facets of industry! Employees of Ingersoll Rand enjoy competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
- This position is responsible for driving the Customer Center Sales activity.
- Traveling in a defined geographic area, this includes quoting and strategizing, prospecting, and developing relationships; in order to achieve revenue targets, maximize profits, increase market share and maintain customer loyalty.
1) Generate Revenue - Develop lasting relationships with new and existing customers, including both Ingersoll Rand and competitive accounts. Dealer management including communications of programs, pricing updates, progress tracking and motivation of dealer sales personnel to succeed in selling Ingersoll Rand products (new machines, accessories, parts rentals and energy/efficiency audits) and service agreements. Keep current with all product knowledge and training needed. Creatively provide solutions to customer needs.
•Responsible for managing and growing existing territory sales.
•Responsible for annual sales targets and sales growth of the District.
•Responsible for the effective promotion of assigned products.
•Providing market and competitor analysis
•Securing long-term development of business
2) Develop People - Provide selling skills and product/services training for dealer sales personnel as well as personnel within customer center.
3) Manage Cash - Ensure that all orders obtained are error-free. Ensure resolution of all customer disputes. Manage all costs associated with selling efforts, including travel and entertainment expenditures.
4) Ensure adherence to safety rules (vehicle safety, customer site safety) in the field, as well as in any company or customer locations.
5) Earn Customer loyalty via troubleshooting to resolve customer satisfaction issues. Managing orders and working closely with the service team on active jobs. Service assistance as needed with product installation communications by resolving open issues.
6) Maintain quote log and face-to-face customer interactions in order management system. Record order follow-up activities (e.g. delivery), reporting requirements (email) and database requirements. Provide feedback on market conditions.
- Continuously evaluate effectiveness of direct sales.
- Maintain current knowledge of the marketplace through regular contact with customers.
- Produce an annual sales plan encompassing all strategies pertinent to territory growth.
- Maintain an attitude and appearance commensurate with that of a thoroughly professional salesperson.
- Submit accurate expense reports on a monthly basis.
- Perform monthly plan and review process, including monthly forecasts
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Engineering Degree preferred; technical capabilities with 5 year minimum technical sales experience is required.
- Minimum 5-10 year experience in an industrial sales business setting
- Strong mechanical, electrical, and controls knowledge and aptitude to assess a customer’s need, analyze and interpret data, charts, and diagrams, design and layout systems, perform basic equipment performance calculations, and to recommend technical solutions
- Experience and knowledge using computers and mobile devices along with associated software and apps: Microsoft-based programs, SalesForce, Siebel, Adobe PDF, etc.
- Ability to create and manipulate Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and work with pdf documents is critical.
- Strong communication, customer relationship, and presentation skills
- Proven sales acumen, including the ability prospect for accounts, effectively navigate within a customer organization, value sell, and win competitive bids
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to: DUI in the previous 5 years, Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless/Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: NORCROSS-Georgia
Shift: Day Job
Posting: May 22, 2018, 11:42:54 AM