Ingersoll Rand Product Design Engineer in Nuevo León, Mexico
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This Product Design Engineer must have the technical expertise to develop and lead product design projects, supervise product validation testing, drive to root cause for quality and reliability issues, interpret technical agency standards, and conduct projects in accordance with standard engineering practices.
- Develop HVAC refrigeration and airflow sub-systems to meet performance standards, regulatory requirements, quality goals and cost targets.
- Effectively meet the needs of internal and external customers, through documenting, reviewing and prioritizing customer requirements.
- Support the development of Design Failure Modes and Effects Analyses (DFMEAs).
- Develop laboratory test plans and analyze test data, including use of Six Sigma tools and statistical analysis techniques and applying Design for Reliability principles.
- Provide guidance and leadership to designers, lab technicians and other team members.
- Develop and/or update Trane purchased part Engineering Specifications.
- Define, identify and complete appropriate qualification testing activities.
- Prepare complete schedules and reports for assigned projects.
- Achieve scheduled milestones for assigned projects.
- Participate in VAVE events to identify opportunities to improve product performance and / or reduce cost. Lead projects to implement subsequent product design changes.
- Ability to travel both domestically and abroad up to two weeks at a time. Able to attain necessary visa for travel when applicable. Expected travel time 10%.
Essential Skills or Knowledge:
- Detailed understanding of HVAC system functions including refrigeration, heat transfer, airflow and ventilation.
- Good understanding of the application of computer simulation tools and theory to HVAC system design.
- Experience with application of various components used within HVAC systems such as coils, compressors, motors, and fans.
- Quality and customer service orientation.
- Understanding of statistics as applied to product reliability is required.
- Must have good verbal communications skills and good technical writing and documentation skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a high energy level and a high commitment to career.
- Must have the ability to quickly and efficiently understand, condense, and organize information necessary to make engineering decisions.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to make progress by producing deliverables and completing projects in a multi-tasking environment (several concurrent assignments).
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Rotary equipment knowledge.
- Statistical Analysis.
- Project management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and at least 10 years of engineering work experience required.
- Master Degree desired
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Nuevo León-Mexico
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 13, 2018, 11:52:39 AM