Ingersoll Rand Controls - BAS Technician - TRANE HVAC in Ontario, Canada
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Trane is looking for a Controls Technician to join its team in the Markham Ontario office . If you are looking for a role that is challenging, dynamic and rewarding, this is the role for you!
Responsible for the commissioning, diagnosis, repair and servicing of environmental-control systems, utilizing knowledge of electronics, direct digital control, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and control techniques.
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, interpreting control drawings, plans, and specifications, to mount, assemble, test, and program the system.
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs direct digital control systems at customer's location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Prepares for on-site installation and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work, as necessary.
- Maintains assigned stock of inventory, company equipment, and documents all related activities.
- Provides training and follow-up training at customer site.
- Provides sales leads to appropriate personnel.
- Documents work by completing paperwork on each job, including daily time, progress, and duration; and maintaining files.
- Records parts, material, labor, and other cost data per assignment and returns unused resources.
- Turns in all required paperwork and reports in a timely manner.
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Identifies parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital control systems.
- Provides technical support to customers on assigned projects.
- Inspects vehicles by checking vehicle condition and literature supplies.
- Maintains vehicles by keeping records of service manuals, scheduling, completed repairs and maintenance service.
- Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
- Regular travel requirements with occasional overnight stays. (10%)
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or six (6) months experience in control systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.Ability to write simple correspondence.Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk, and hear.The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.The employee is occasionally required to sit.The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms and possible extreme weather conditions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock (high voltage); and vibration.The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat.The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Ontario-Canada
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 19, 2018, 8:17:38 AM