Ingersoll Rand HVAC Technician Team Leader in PINE BROOK, New Jersey
AtIngersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around theworld. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family ofbrands—includingClub Car®,IngersollRand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,AmericanStandard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality andcomfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food andperishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are aglobal business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduringresults. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusiveenvironment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring adiverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United Statesqualified protected veterans.
Job Summary ：
The person selected for thisposition will serve as the Technical Team Leader helping oversee multiple HVACField Technicians. This position will work closely with our Trane Salesand Service organization along with the Area Service Manager to drive growthand profitability of our local Commercial HVAC business. In addition youwill help to implement business strategy and achieve business goals. Other responsibilities include participation in hiring initiatives, developmentof technicians, implementation of yearly training schedules, performing safetyaudits, scheduling jobs, and project management. In addition to yourleadership duties, you will perform hands-on HVAC service andmaintenance. Approximately three quarters of your time will be applied toactive servicing of Trane accounts performing the role of a HVAC FieldTechnician.
- Assists in training and developing HVAC Field Technicians.
- Assists in making recommendations for hiring/terminating staff to the Service Manager.
- Supports HVAC Field Technicians by providing technical advice and offering guidance.
- Ensures the quality of work by reviewing technicians work.
- Assists in scheduling, organizing, and dispatching HVAC Field Technicians.
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Serves customers by serving as a resource in answering inquires and responding to special requests.
- Maintains supplies and equipment by conducting equipment inventories.
- Maintains equipment by inspecting for signs of wear, scheduling and completing preventive maintenance work.
- Maintains vehicles by keeping record of service manuals, scheduling and completing repair and maintenance services.
- Works with Project Manager to prepare for on-site installations and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work as necessary.
- Supports process compliance by monitoring completed paperwork on each job and maintaining files.
- Consolidates reference information by collecting, organizing and assembling data for reports, presentations, and/or special projects.
- Identifies, analyzes, and repairs equipment at a customer's location.
- Uses a variety of hand tools and reads schematics or engineering specifications.
- Uses power tools and computers.
- Evaluates area safety needs/requirements to provide feedback and recommendations to service technicians and assists in the implementation of safety policies, procedures, and training.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Regular local travel requirements with some overnight travel.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of 5 years of experience in HVAC or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is preferred.
- Experience in leading a team of technicians is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
Weare committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We arecommitted to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well asvalues the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, inturn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand.Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: PINE BROOK-New Jersey
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 8, 2018, 8:58:52 AM