Ingersoll Rand Customer Sales Associate in POMPANO BEACH, Florida
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Customer Sales Associate is a trusted advisor to customers who identified their needs and helps to resolve parts or equipment issues with sale and timely delivery of quality parts and solutions offerings. They are responsible for processing customer orders and responding to their inquiries, questions or complaints regarding Parts services and finds solutions to ensure customer satisfaction and future sales. They have solid understanding of product offerings, achieving sales goals and administer order management processes.
Customer Facing (60%)
- Actively engages with both counter customers and phone customers to fully identify needs, respond to inquiries or questions, and offer timely quality solutions.
- Engage every customer when they enter store, before they reach the counter (“10 ft /10 seconds in store” rule of engagement)
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Drives sales by having maintaining current knowledge of all portfolio offerings and leverage technical knowledge to provide value propositions to the customer and drive sales
- Drives sales by identifying related products or add on extensions needs and making customers aware of product promotions and adding lines to parts orders.
- Determines best method to resolve problems to ensure customer satisfaction and company adherence to policies.
- Enter all orders as quotes
- Makes outbound calls including marketing new products.
- Generates lead sheets for Account Managers
- Occasionally visits external customers to better understand their needs and potential sales opportunities in future.
- Parts identification and troubleshooting, beyond OEM parts.
- Identify items which meet the needs uncovered during conversations with customers in store, on phone and at customer site and submit them for addition to showroom portfolio.
- Processes Reklaims Operations (ranges 20-30% depending on number of store associates)
- Executes quote and order management processes with high level of accuracy to expedite the fulfillment process and ensure customer satisfaction and timely delivery – entering quotes and invoices and follow through on fulfillment.
- Helps plan store customer and vendor events.
- Completes training as required, including safety training, certification and testing.
- Reinforces culture of safety by utilizing all appropriate resources to safely perform all functions of the job
- Understand and execute processes and standard work.
- Identify new opportunities for process improvements.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required. Back office (ranges 10-20% depending on number of store associates)
- Completes cycle counts
- Inventory management – back orders, PO receipts, transfers
- Responsible for staging, shipping and receiving parts, equipment, and supplies.
- Stocks the parts store with an appropriate amount of merchandise.
- Responsible for inventory control and bin location.
- Enters inventory into software system.
- Manages will calls.
- May deliver parts to customer locations or job sites.
- Practices safe material handling techniques.
- Filing of M/S’s, freight bills of lading, equipment packing slips, etc. for inventory reconciliation and audit purposes.
- Responsible for filing of freight claims for damaged goods.
- Manages transfers.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required. Winning Culture: As part of overall responsibilities (no %)
- Genuinely and effectively works effectively with diverse team of different backgrounds and experiences to achieve business results.
- Mentors and assists with onboarding of new associates
- Continuously seeks out opportunities for learning.
- Participates in different team and community involvement activities.
- Recognizes others for work well-done.
- Demonstrates engaging customer-facing behaviors and customer service SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications: EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or GED required plus minimum of 2 years of inside sales, retail or related experience required; or equivalent in education and experience. Prefer technical experience. Experience working in a process management system and priority setting. Key Competencies:
- Proven sales and customer service skills.
- Must be action-oriented, a strong team player and be able to maintain a high energy level even with challenging situations or customers.
- Must have good computer skills including Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: POMPANO BEACH-Florida
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 8, 2018, 8:35:09 PM