Ingersoll Rand HVAC Technician in ROANOKE, Virginia
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress aroundthe world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainableand efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClubCar®,IngersollRand®,ThermoKing®,Trane®,AmericanStandard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together toenhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport andprotect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity andefficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainableprogress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are anequal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for HVAC Field Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smart phone
This role is the primary service and maintenance contact forIngersoll Rand/Trane customers in a defined market with a diverse commercialbase including Healthcare, Process Manufacturing Facilities, EducationInstitutions, and Office Complexes. You will be commissioning, troubleshooting,repairing, and starting up HVAC systems in a commercial environment. In orderto perform your task you will utilize your knowledge of air conditioningtheory, pipe fitting, and mechanical layouts. This position affords you theopportunity to work with internal and external partners ranging from newfacility set ups to existing facility retro fits. Ingersoll Rand/Trane affordsyou the opportunity to work directly for a leading manufacture giving youaccess to technical support, training on newest technology and comprehensivecareer paths with opportunity for growth. In this position you will establish& maintain a positive relationship with customers, vendors and co-workersthrough effective oral and written communication skills via phone, computer,and face to face. You will perform scheduled and unscheduled preventativemaintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests includingreplacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requestedby customers. Communicating with customers and/or Project Managers regardinginspection/service findings is required.
- Responsible for end to end testing, downloading programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Uses cutting edge software and technology, along with a variety of hand-tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and 5-7 years of experience in HVAC; or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is required.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc.).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personaland financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with ourbusiness strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest.We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages aswell as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee,which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances ourcustomer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing aboutbold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong withIngersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ROANOKE-Virginia
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 5, 2018, 7:16:28 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.