Ingersoll Rand Manufacturing Engineer in RUSHVILLE, Indiana
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
To coordinate, organize and supervise all production process methods and engineering activities that enable production. This includes sustaining engineering, new product launch processes and continuous improvement activities. The position is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining all production processes to drive quality and efficiency and to develop manufacturing plans which improve operations competitiveness
- Assumes responsibility for all Capital planning, CER creations and Approvals, Capital Project Timing and Implementation, Capital Spending and Budgeting
- Assumes responsibility for Plant VA/VE Savings
- Drives Material VA/VE meetings and savings with sourcing group and purchasing
- Drives Labor and O/H meetings and savings with internal plant associates to meet 5% year over year goal
- Works with organizations within Ingersoll Rand but outside of Mocksville Facility to help organize and set manufacturing direction
- Ensures all equipment meets OSHA compliant safety regulations
- Manages engineering resources for all precision machining and precision assembly operations
- Assumes responsibility for plant and site layout
- Drives engineering principles and discipline through mentoring, training and project reviews including: PFMEA, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Dynamic Control Plans (DCP), 8D’s, Project Management and Simultaneous Engineering
- Improves shop floor productivity and drives controllable spending reduction
- Works in coordination with Lean Six Sigma Engineers to improve processes
- Develops and implements recommendations for Improving Efficiency and Profitability of Plant
- Manages machine, gauging, tooling and equipment procurement process including: quoting, supplier selection, machine specification, run-off, installation, training and launch
- Manages all new product introductions with disciplined up-front manufacturing involvement and program management deliverable execution
- Coordinates activities of sub-contractors and service reps
- Manages, develops and improves all manufacturing standards including: machine capability, process maps, set-ups, quality controls, tooling and fixture records, routings and cycle times.
- BSME, BSIE or BSEE
- Previous management and/or problem solving experience required, Ability to quickly determine root cause utilizing 8D’s and 5 why tools.
- Ability to quickly assess manufacturing issues related to design and tolerancing
- Knowledge of basic design and manufacturing datum development and its effect in manufacturing processes
- Ability to utilize engineering principles to develop robust manufacturing processes the first time
- Ability to use such management-leadership techniques such as; project mgt., objective development and project review disciplines
- Fluent knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering, Machining, assembly and quality processes
- Strong leadership skills to drive engineering principles and processes
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma programs.
- Knowledge of new model launch requirements and processes to ensure flawless launch
- Extensive computer Skills: Excel, Word, Access, and Pro E
- Prefer experience with test software programming and modifications
- Ability to resolve multiple conflicts between widely varying personalities.
- Requires cross functional communication, simultaneous engineering and reporting
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: RUSHVILLE-Indiana
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 5, 2018, 1:34:55 PM