Ingersoll Rand TRANE - HVAC Technician Team Leader - Salt Lake City, UT. in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Player/Coach - Responsible for supervising HVAC Field Technicians who accomplish the repair/retrofit/replacement of environment comfort systems, utilizing knowledge of air conditioning theory, pipe fitting and mechanical layouts. On an as needed basis performs the role of HVAC Field Technician. Typically requires an Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning; and five (5) years HVAC experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Responsible for training and developing HVAC Field Technicians.
- Makes recommendations for hiring/terminating staff to the Service Manager.
- Supports HVAC Field Technicians by providing technical advice and offering guidance.
- Ensures the quality of work by reviewing technicians work.
- Assists in scheduling, organizing, and dispatching HVAC Field Technicians.
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Serves customers by serving as a resource in answering inquires and responding to special requests.
- Maintains supplies and equipment by conducting equipment inventories.
- Maintains equipment by inspecting for signs of wear, scheduling and completing preventive maintenance work.
- Maintains vehicles by keeping record of service manuals, scheduling and completing repair and maintenance services.
- Works with Project Manager to prepare for on-site installations and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials and coordinating on-site work as necessary.
- Supports process compliance by monitoring completed paperwork on each job and maintaining files.
- Consolidates reference information by collecting, organizing and assembling data for reports, presentations, and/or special projects.
- Identifies, analyzes, and repairs equipment at a customer's location.
- Uses a variety of hand tools and reads schematics or engineering specifications.
- Uses power tools and computers.
- Evaluates area safety needs/requirements to provide feedback and recommendations to service technicians and assists in the implementation of safety policies, procedures, and training.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Regular local travel requirements with some overnight travel.
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: SALT LAKE CITY-Utah
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 6, 2018, 2:54:20 PM