Ingersoll Rand Parts Business Developer (Portfolio Leader) in SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible to build and maintain strong vendor relationships and provide sales support to Dealer and Parts Sales Teams on strategic growth product initiatives. Responsible to develop and expand the parts business with new products, set a pricing strategy and increase market intelligence. The position will support TCA (Central America) in addition to Puerto Rico.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Negotiate the best programs and prices / cost with new and current suppliers
- Responsible to analyze and set prices for new and current generic parts with regular updates to balance changes in the market for both, cost and price.
- Proactively gather market data to create pricing strategies and enhance profitable growth
- Analyze sales to identify and develop best sourcing opportunities
- Analyze customer feedback and market research to identify opportunities for product line growth
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for the Trane Parts Store in regards to inventory replenishment & merchandising
- Identify and fill product gaps through market research to generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth. Develop new products to sell and expand existing portfolio to meet the long term goals of the company.
- Analyze and prioritize activities based on business, market and customer impact.
- Work closely with sales teams and marketing to deliver on time-to-market and optimal resources
- Work with Account Managers to establish required skill sets, talents, and capabilities by developing and communicating effective sales strategies.
- Support team with new customer acquisition, customer satisfaction measurement
- Responsible for price management, maximizing account penetration, market penetration, and customer retention.
- Develop and establish a “Selling Story” for strategic growth product initiatives. Ensure that field sales support department, appropriate business unit functional areas, and field sales force are familiar with the “Selling Story.”
- Receive trainings from suppliers and provide trainings to Sales personnel and customers
- Support launch plans, as necessary, for new product directions with field sales personnel. Continuously improve current knowledge on leading industry trends for product introduction.
- Act as the internal champion for field personnel and customers
- Interpret and communicate technical data from supplier developed training materials, product/marketing documentation, on-line solutions, white papers, technical publications, or internal product strategy documents.
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
- Flexible to travel island wide to visit other locations and customers as needed.
- Flexible to travel outside PR to participate in training, conferences and other corporate activities as required.
- Flexibility to Travel (35%) often to other regions to support and perform role for TCAQUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEBachelor's degree in engineering, business or related degree from four-year college or university; and five (5) years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) is a must.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: SAN JUAN-Puerto Rico
Shift: Day Job
Posting: May 17, 2018, 9:39:38 AM