Ingersoll Rand IT Director, HVAC China & Thermo King (API) in Shanghai, China
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The IT Director will be working as a Business Partner responsible for:
- Building strong relationships with the HVAC Commercial China and TK API business leadership, fostering innovation, collaborating with the business building business cases for IT investments.
- Serving as the strategic interface with the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) leadership for the purpose of business/IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management.
- Communicating decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate teams.
- Proactively sharing knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units.
- Focusing on strategic initiatives and plans, proactive, anticipatory and driving in nature and provides significant value to the SBU. Facilitating the planning and execution of business changes through the use of technology. Serves a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology
- Advocating and implementing standard processes and systems as well as actively looking for synergies across regions, locations and SBU’s
The focus will be on achieving a true business partnership, helping the business realize its strategic goals. Our efforts will concentrate on improving Customer Intimacy, exceeding Customer expectation (thereby achieving Customer Delight) and realizing Growth Excellence
The role must handle a high level of complexity, have a strong sense of urgency and have the ability to multi-task multiple projects at one time. This manager must have an overview and understanding of the SBU and their business processes, and be able to work with and influence business and IT leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Manages business relationships at SBU regional (API) level working across functional lines
- Translates IT strategy into action and gives input into process of defining / developing IT / business strategy. Interface with IT Enterpise organisation to assure allignement with, and influencing of, enterprise or SBU sytems, standards and procedures
- Helps drive change in business processes and through projects. For IT initiatives, cost effectively prioritize, assure approavals, track and monitor those projects, ensuring on-time, on-budget completion
- Accountable for delivery of results by the IT organization at large, including innovation
- Customer advocate through a thorough understanding of the industry and intimacy with the customer needs and wants
- Work with the business units on introducing and maintaining standard processes and systems in line with the corporate standards and guidelines. Introduces IT related World class / Industry best processes & practices into the company
- Develop, implement and maintain a continuous improvement philosophy in all aspects of IT.
Scope & Dimensions:
- All HVAC Commercial locations in China and TK locations in API
Key Competency Descritption
- LEADS AUTHENTICALLY
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others, commands respect, acts with humility and respect for others and advocates for the organization.
- BUILDS ORGANIZATIONAL TALENT AND CAPABILITY
- Participates in attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals; works to create a learning environment that values diverse ideas and acts in an inclusive way to ensure employees realize their highest potential.
- COACHES FOR PERFORMANCE
- Motivates individuals to achieve stretch goals, tackle challenging issues, take ownership and realize their true potential by acting as a coach that leads by example and ensures employees are given opportunities to succeed.
- CREATES EXTERNAL AWARENESS
- Understands market and customer drivers and anticipates trends to create opportunities to grow and strengthen the business and to positively influence the organization’s trajectory.
- THINKS AND ACTS STRATEGICALLY
- Analyzes information, develops market-based insights, anticipates obstacles and opportunities and develops solutions to create forward-looking strategies.
- DELIVERS BUSINESS RESULTS
- Takes ownership of the business, spearheads its go-to-market strategy and product development activities and is responsible for managing risk and delivering profit.
- Functional/ Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages applicable to the region is a definite plus.
- College level education or simillar through experience.
- Understands Business / Management concepts, ERP, CRM and BI software,Office tools, Project Management and Industry experience Qualifications:
- A minimum of 12 -15 years experience in a business environment with a demonstrated history of success and progression is required. IT experience is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience with business relationship management, Industry, project and change management
- Experience interfacing with and managing internal Centers Of Excellence
- Ability to influence without authority
- Strong change manager
- Results driven attitude
- Up to 30% travel, mainly in China & API
Primary Location: Shanghai-China
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 22, 2018, 1:33:16 AM