Ingersoll Rand Sr. Engineer, System Design in Shanghai, China
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Work as a member of the System Integration Team to develop systems of Applied & Unitary products, i.e. air conditioners, heat pumps, air handlers at Ingersoll Rand Engineering & Technology Center. Focus on delivering validated system designs for assigned projects.
- Deliver validated designs for Air conditioning and Refrigeration systems through simulation, testing and technical data generation.
- Develop major components for specific projects in air conditioning and heat pumps
- Develop test plan for parts & prototypes testing and qualification
- Provide technical data for catalogues and engineering specifications
- Continue analysis of competitors’ data
- Continue optimization of system performance and cost
- BS or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering with emphasis in Thermodynamics, heat Transfer and refrigeration.
- 3 years HVAC&R related engineering experience
- Centrifugal chiller design experience a plus
- New product development experience a plus
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics and thermodynamics
- Good conflict management skills
- Understanding of Centrifugal chiller or residential HVAC systems, application and UL & GB standards preferred
- Problem assessment and problem solving skills
- Project planning and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese and English
- Experience with pc-based Windows programs (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.) required
- Six sigma training/certification preferred
- 10% travel required
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Shanghai-China
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 28, 2018, 9:26:59 PM