Ingersoll Rand Procurement Program Manager in ST PAUL, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate aboutinspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life bycreating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people andour family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,ThermoKing®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality andcomfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food andperishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are aglobal business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduringresults. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary ：
Project leader responsiblefor multiple Procurement program and projects, working with cross-functionalteams and standard work to build and execute project implementation plans forproductivity, new product development, and continuous improvement projects.Lead all procurement activities in assigned NPD programs to assure readinessfor pre-pilot, pilot, and production ramp up. Partner with Commodity teams toassist with projects charter, benefits, and resource requirements. Responsiblefor monitoring active projects, updating status, eliminating roadblocks, andescalating issues as appropriate. Investigate, coordinate and communicateproject changes. Identify gaps to goals and collaboratively develop and supportcountermeasures and activities to close the gap and exceed targets. SupportCommodity teams goals by leading and executing supplier rationalization,quality and delivery improvement projects. Work to align strategies betweencommodity and Strategic Business Unit (SBU) localization, plant rationalizationand similar.
Global Procurement Teamis responsible for supporting the Commercial HVAC Strategic Business Unit (SBU)with multiple Procurement program and projects, working with cross-functionalteams and standard work to build and execute project implementation plans forproductivity, new product development, and continuous improvement projects.Lead all procurement activities in assigned New Product Development (NPD) andproductivity program/projects to assure readiness and on time execution.
Commercial HVAC NAGlobal Procurement Team
- Project leader responsible for multiple Procurement projects, working with cross-functional teams and standard work to build and execute project implementation plans for productivity and continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for coordinating with commodity teams, materials, operations, engineering, finance, quality, and field operations to complete projects and achieve expected benefits within project timeline.
- Partner with Commodity teams to assist with projects charter, benefits, and resource requirements. Active participant in sector/plant productivity gate reviews ensuring that required cross-functional resources are allocated to execute projects as outlined.
- Responsible for monitoring active projects, updating status, eliminating roadblocks, and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Investigate, coordinate and communicate project changes. Create and make revisions to project schedules, business cases, risk assessments and other project management tools. Create and conduct presentations for project approvals and monthly status.
- Identify gaps to goals and collaboratively develop and support countermeasures and activities to close the gap and exceed targets.
- Manage reporting of Procurement financial metrics (forecast and actual) including productivity and inflation for responsible plants or projects Support the development of the Annual Operating Plan for productivity projects, targets and initiatives. Support standard setting process for responsible plants.
- Support Commodity teams goals by leading and executing supplier rationalization, quality and delivery improvement projects. Work to align strategies between commodity and Sector localization, plant rationalization and similar.
- Coordinate continuous improvement ideation sessions for responsible plants. Generate and evaluate new ideas and opportunities aligned with plant priorities and strategies.
- Participate in and represent Procurement function during plant or product Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VAVE) or Major Model Review (MMR) events. Responsible for collecting and communicating commodity actions following event.
- Lead all procurement activities related to NPD programs assuring readiness for samples, pre-pilot, pilot, and production ramp up builds.
- Proactively work and communicate all shortages to program team and work with commodity teams and suppliers to resolve.
- Issue purchase orders for sample, pilot, and production ramp up materials for assigned commodities.
- Assure all documents (purchase orders, shortage reports, and PPAP information) are loaded in project SharePoint sites.
- Assure correct suppliers are selected for new business by working with commodity managers and following commodity strategies.
- Communicate changes in supply base spend and new products to commodity teams to assure optimum leverage as early as possible in the process.
- Assure suppliers have sufficient installed capacity to support production ramp up quantities and can sustain these capacities.
- BA/BS/ME degree in business or engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in procurement
- A minimum of 6 years of experience working in a diversified industrial company/organization in the areas of Procurement, New Product Development, Engineering, Project Management, Quality, Finance and/or Operations.
- Strong Analytic experience
- Working knowledge of six sigma tools, lean manufacturing a plus.
- Experience in International sourcing experience a plus.
- Experience in supplier development, materials management, and/or supplier quality a plus.
- Must be a strategic thinker and have demonstrated experience driving strategies
- Microsoft Project Expertise or similar systems a plus
- Experience running large complex cross functional projects
- Global project management experience a plus
- Oracle experience in a global environment is beneficial
- Ability to travel up to 20%
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of theknowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Supply Chain Acumen – Oversees development and execution of GSC strategies/playbooks for assigned components or services, drives utilization of common GSC tools to achieve optimal IR results that are Quality, Delivery, Price and Service balanced and corporate/governmental compliant.
- Project Management – Reviews and approves teams’ project plans, oversees project execution, balances projects between short and long-term focus, secures alignment with cross-functional partners.
- Global Business Thinking/Strategizing-Demonstrates deep global knowledge of suppliers, industry trends, emerging markets and technology, builds this knowledge into GSC strategies/playbooks, develops global talent.
- Problem Solving—Identifies/anticipates potential problems, supports root cause analysis, evaluates robustness of corrective action plan and oversees plan implementation.
- Relationship Management – Creates collaborative environment with cross-functional partners, assures regular/appropriate two-way communication flow, builds/maintains relationship with industry peers and suppliers, and reinforces GSC lead on “on IR voice” to the supply base.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We arecommitted to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well asvalues the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, inturn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ST PAUL-Minnesota
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 26, 2018, 8:40:30 AM