Ingersoll Rand Product Owner in ST PAUL, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Job Summary ：
The Product Owner, Trane Connect and Energy Performance, is critical to the success of Trane’s Intelligent Services business. Trane delivers consultation and building optimization solutions to facility customers to reduce cost of operation, improve comfort and extend reliability of building systems. The Product Owner will lead an agile software development team in the creation and expansion of a collection of software applications that support building system optimization.
The product owner will define and lead software development sprints, create user stories, and drive team goals through prioritization. You will be leading the gathering, writing, & management of functional and non-functional requirements, technical requirements and acceptance criteria in epics, user stories & tasks. You will be responsible for the collection, analysis and testing of statistical information and data for further presentation to technical and business stakeholders using diagrams, tables, charts, graphs, documents and reports. You will work with portfolio and business leaders to create the product vision and contribute to the development and execution of the business and portfolio strategy.
- Provide full accountability and transparency for delivery and success of the Trane Connect software platform, including Energy Performance features
- Provide leadership to development team including creating user stories and acceptance criteria, planning sprints, selecting individual stories to go into any given sprint, managing backlog, organizing stories into customer releases, and making final determinations of whether any given piece of work (story/epic) is complete
- Define and lead the execution of the product vision within the context of building optimization solutions for energy conservation, comfort and reliability
- Work closely in a “hands-on” style with development team including addressing daily prioritization needs, providing real-time feedback and answering questions on an ongoing basis
- Provide updates, information and demos of product features and progress against timelines to stakeholders including business leadership and external partners/vendors
- Conduct or facilitate voice of customer activities to identify business, customer, and user needs based on stakeholder interviews, focus groups, “day-in-the-life” studies, and advisory panels. Represent the needs of end customers, controls and service business in all activities. Capture user and business needs in the form of user stories, functionality expectations, performance requirements, test plans, acceptance criteria, and system interactions
- Leadership & Accountability: Possesses the mind-set of a business leader, with a focus on delivering measurable business and customer value and optimizing ROI
- Decisive: Makes decisions and prioritizes effectively using data and facts
- Communication: Strong communicator of business and technical information at all levels of the organization
- Business knowledge: Strong familiarity with software development processes, facility markets and services, building systems, controls and energy management routines
- Bachelor’s degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics fields.
- Agile product development experience
- 5 years of experience as hands-on business analyst, product owner, or product manager of software based solutions
- 3 years of experience in one of the following industries/focus-areas: HVAC, Building Automation / Building Energy Management (BAS, BEMS) or Electricity markets
- Demonstrated success working with engineering teams to plan, develop, refine, and launch successful software products
- Experience with B2B and service models & expectations
- Ability to research and explore product and feature opportunities and user experience improvement
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Able to quickly adapt to change and navigate ambiguous problem spaces
- Self-starter and ability to work with little instructions and collaborate with diverse teams
Desired Qualifications :
- Masters degree or higher in identified or applicable field.
- 10 years of experience as hands-on business analyst, product owner, or product manager of software based solutions.
- 8 years of experience in one of the following industries/focus-areas: HVAC, Building Automation / Building Energy Management (BAS, BEMS) or Electricity markets
- Knowledge of/experience in HVAC system domain
- Credentials in energy management, energy conservation, and similar fields (e.g., CEM, LEED)
- Familiarity with Confluence, JIRA, and user experience (UX) design
- Experience working within an entrepreneurial environment; potentially with a startup or consultancy agency with agile practice
- Experience working within a greenfield software development environment
- Experience collaborating with remote teams (including international)
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ST PAUL-Minnesota
Job: Product Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 9, 2018, 3:53:07 PM