Ingersoll Rand TRANE- Construction Project Manager in ST PAUL, Minnesota
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER SUMMARY
Managers all aspects of construction projects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with available resources. Responsible for the administration, implementation and management of infrastructure construction projects. Accountable for assigned projects’ scope of work, schedule and budget. In addition, this role is responsible for projects that have the following criteria:
- Controls, Turnkey or PACT projects contract value up to/greater than $1M, and running multiple projects concurrently.
- Mixture of all CSI Divisions, Energy Performance Contracting and Infrastructure Retrofitting.
- Project may exceed 1 year, having high strategic value.
- Multiple technologies, vendors and subcontractors.
- High degree of customer interface.
- Contract may contain penalty clauses and or liquidated damages.
- Trane may be the Prime Contractor.
- Project includes general construction systems and technologies, outside of Trane’s core competency.
- May be required to manage lower level Project Managers.
- Reporting out to boards and ‘C’ suite clients on project status.Typically requires a Bachelor degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience or five years of professional experience working as a project manager for a Commercial General Contractor, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.Overall:
Assist AE and PD in the development of project scope.
Assist with identifying subcontractors required to provide proposals to achieve project scope
Prepare RFP documents to be issued to subcontractors for pricing
- Review proposals and qualify them with subcontractors
- Schedule and attend walkthroughs with subcontractors
- Develop initial project schedules for review with project team
Engage internal resources if needed to participate in project development
Obtain scope and pricing from internal partners
- Engage outside consultants during project development if required and confirm that their work is consistent with overall project scope.
- Establishes professional relationship and communicates with field support staff and customers and their representatives. Interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
Schedule and attend project kick-off meetings with customer, internal Trane partners and key subcontractors when required.
- Issue, maintain and update project schedules.
- Issue all required subcontracts and professional service agreements to external vendors as well as internal Trane partners prior to the start of work.
- Conduct project progress meetings and document meetings with timely meeting minutes.
- Engage PD during installation to identify any changes in project scope that may affect project guarantee or total energy savings.
- Engage PD during installation to review any inconsistencies in project scope of significant variances with existing conditions.
- Coordinate all on site work between external vendors and Trane internal partners.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
Prepare booking documents prior to the entry of a project into the Trane financial management system ensuring that there is a positive cash flow.
- Submit timely and accurate revenue forecasts internally by the requested date and meet revenue and margin goals for each project.
- Maintain zero-variance with project budget to avoid negative re-estimates during installation.
- Review and approve invoice requests as they are posted to the system to avoid delays in subcontractor payments for work done in accordance with project schedule.
Review project with PD and engineer of record prior to substantial completion to see that all aspect of installation are met so that projected energy savings can be achieved.
- Get customer to execute substantial and final certificates of completion allowing project to transition into Project Management phase.
- Collect all required as-built drawings and equipment cut sheets and assemble them for delivery to the customer as a record of the installation.
- Address and resolve any minor punch list items that may persist as a result of the installation.
- Look for any future projects at project site and review their potential with the Sales team.
- Responsible for the successful transition of warranty to the service process.
Manages subcontractors and other assigned project resources as required. Perform supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Assists in interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or other related technical field is required
- A minimum of 8 years in a diversified industrial company in the areas of Engineering, Project Management or other related discipline with at least 5 years’ experience in a Program Manager role
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to senior leaders and influence stakeholders
- Tenacity in driving program team members to meet or exceed program objectives
- Courage to raise issues to upper management when program is at risk
- Proven ability to integrate business, marketing and technical elements of a new product development program, including anticipating issues and driving countermeasures and issues to closure
- Must have Microsoft Project Expertise
- Knowledge of Lean methodologies
- PMP certification highly desired
- Experience running large complex cross functional projects is required
- Global program management is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ST PAUL-Minnesota
Job: Project Management
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 5, 2018, 1:30:46 PM