Ingersoll Rand Sr-Quality Systems Engineer in Stredocesky kraj, Czech Republic
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will influence business bottom line results by leading, monitoring, and supporting Suppliers. The responsibility includes all quality related aspects of Supplier Quality (APQP / IRPDP / GSQM / PPM / SCAR’s / Field DPU), working with suppliers to drive PPM improvements and reduce end customer warranty failures. The SQE will drive GSQM adherence and act as a liaison in developing the supplier to meet COPQ goals utilizing standard work approaches and interacting with a variety of plant, SBU, and corporate team members.
- Provides Supplier with technical oversight and expertise in areas such as Process Development, PFMEA, Measurement Systems, Control Plans and Error Proofing.
- Supports AQP reviews with Suppliers which include Design Specification, Pass Thru identification, Safe Launch Control, Launch Readiness and Run @ Rate. Validate that Critical To Quality features / Key Product Characteristics have been defined. Conduct technical drawing review with supplier to ensure supplier understands all the requirements on the drawings.
- Conduct component risk assessment that defines responsible quality roles in prototype qualification and PPAP level for any components that may require upfront investment (tooling, long lead time, etc.) Create PSW based upon risk assessment.
- Monitors suppliers’ performance and adherence to the Global Supplier Quality Manual.
- Supports on-time PPAP and Flawless Launch for responsible components.
- Assists Incoming/Inline Inspection practices based upon supplier performance.
- Drives process and systemic quality improvements through the use of quality tools (SPC, Lean, Six Sigma) and validates improvements through defined measurables to reduce quality non-conformances “SCAR”.
- Continually monitors assigned suppliers “SCAR” status and works with suppliers and plant SQE to minimize quality impact to our Operations and end Customer.
- Acts as a quality subject matter expert, working in conjunction with Plant SQE and Suppliers in 8D problem solving - leading cross-functional teams on major issues resolution at Supplier locations.
- Support/Drive Major Quality Disruptions utilizing standard work tools such as Controlled Shipping, SCAR, and Warranty/MQD recovery process.
- Performs advanced analysis (Quality Systems, DPPM, RMR) to determine trends along with proposed actions to drive performance improvement.
- Leads training of internal staff along with other functions on Supplier Development/Supplier Quality governance strategy, policy, procedures and work instructions.
- Prepares, distributes and communicates periodic Supplier performance status and risk assessments to regional leadership as required.
- Works to actively deploy IR’s defined Supplier Development Procedures, Processes and work instructions within the region. May lead process and procedures review along with continuous improvement actions.
- Develop and ensure that program goals including quality and reliability are met in compliance with specifications and standard work.
- Identify gaps and create closure plan for quality and reliability targets
- Lead teams/projects related to compliant investigation, CAPA (especially systems root cause and corrective action), cost reduction, and quality system excellence. Use of TQM tools including six sigma methods as required.
- Support SPDCR process and manage change with the supply base and manufacturing locations
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related discipline
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or equivalent body of knowledge preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified – Black Belt preferred
- Knowledge of Industry specific quality registration (ISO9000 / IATF16949)
- 8 years of experience in quality or quality engineering in a manufacturing environment that has embraced lean concepts, QMS manufacturing practices, and progressive customer relationships.
- Experience in quality management, operations, lean manufacturing processes and visual management.
- Proficient in contemporary QC and QA tools such as QMS, APQP, LSS, SPC, PPAP, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes, lean implementation, and Op Ex
- Working knowledge of tool design, Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing, and dimensional metrology
- Excellent interpersonal skills, mentor, team player and builder
- Professional in both customer and supplier interaction
- Collaborative and Participative management style
- Ability to travel up to 60% (domestic and international)
Key Duties & Competencies:
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation and applied knowledge in industrial components and commodities
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and motivate associates and to interact with various departments throughout the organization
- Team oriented proactive change agent with a hands-on, collaborative approach in implementing and maintaining operating disciplines while leveraging lean methodologies
- Problem solving techniques, process improvement tools, statistical and sampling techniques, SPC, process capability, traceability, control points
- Metrology techniques such as Measurement System Analysis (MSA), calibration standards and systems, measurement error and its sources, and control and maintenance of measurement standards and devices.
- Project management and planning tools, measuring and monitoring of project activities and project documentation. Proficiency in information technology systems utilized in Quality Management Systems and process
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Stredocesky kraj-Czech Republic
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 12, 2018, 6:48:22 AM