Ingersoll Rand HR Generalist in Tamil Nadu, India
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The incumbent will provide HR support to the Engineering and Technology Center at Chennai. He/She will partner with COEs (Talent Acquisition, Talent and Organization Capability and Compensation and Benefits) to provide necessary support for the leaders at Chennai.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as HR point of contact by providing HR counsel to business management teams; responsible for support in execution of HR strategies and programs that support business goals
- Support multiple business leaders and be the face of HR for the location
- Be a Coach for business managers, leaders and provide appropriate input
- wn and support leaders on Talent Review Process, Performance Management Process, Compensation Planning process and provide appropriate insights
- Dive deep into data and provide insights to leaders in taking appropriate actions
- Own HR statutory and compliance for the location and ensure 100% compliance
- Partner with leaders to drive org initiatives (Eg., Family Connect, Technical Training Council, University Relations, Contract Management Process, Diversity etc.,)
- Handle employee grievances and ensure appropriate actions are taken and grievances are resolved amicably
- Partner with talent acquisition and hiring managers in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding employees; provides tools/resources to new employees on culture, company, processes and systems.
- Partner with Talent and Organization Capability (T&OC) COE to provide appropriate interventions to business as required.
- Partner with business leaders for achieving talent retention goals through appropriate interventions
- Connect with employees on a regular basis through 1:1s, HR Round Table, HR Connect and other communication sessions
- Monitor employee climate to identify issues/trends; counsel managers on identifying issues and implementing corrective actions, while also seeing opportunities to increase engagement
- Partner as needed for country level HR initiatives
- Provide support to leaders on maintaining appropriate Spans and Layers, talent mobility etc
- MBA degree with a specialization in HR.
- 8-12 years of experience as HR generalist
- Experience working in multi-national companies
- Excellent in analyzing data and coming out with insights
- Excellent in creating meaningful presentations
- Should be well versed in MS Office tools like word, excel, power point
·Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Maturity in handling employees at different levels
- Good understanding of the overall HR function
- Detail-orientated, organized, with a strong sense of urgency
- A go getter attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and handle situations amicably
- Self-confident and able to work independently whilst maintaining a strong focus on teamwork
- Ability to interpret and analyze data and come out with good analytics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate in a professional, positive, courteous manner at all times with all levels of employees
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: Tamil Nadu-India
Job: Human Resources
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 13, 2018, 5:08:09 AM