Ingersoll Rand Area Specialist in TONAWANDA, New York
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position supports the enabling functions for 1-3 Customer Center locations. The Area Specialist is responsible for managing the invoicing, office and safety supplies, and customer requests. This position is also responsible for warehousing responsibilities including: picking, receiving, and staging inventory.
Additionally, the Area Specialist will support compliance, EHS and HR for the customer centers. The Area Specialist will report to the Area Operations Manager, but assigned responsibilities may support objectives in the Sales, Service, or Operations areas of the office.
For Compliance and EHS, this position supports the regional EHS leader in fleet management, reporting, compliance, accident investigations, workers compensation coordination with case managers, and green team initiatives. For HR, this role will support the regional HR Business Partner in processes such as onboarding, talent management (PMP, PDP), local regulatory compliance, time and attendance, spot awards, People Soft data accuracy, and employee engagement initiatives.
The Area Specialist will support finance partners by providing assistance with contract compliance, accurate bonus compensation data, verification of triggers for growth, and periodic required reporting.
- Complete managing of accounting invoicing, PO's, credits and billing requests, incoming invoices and processing through Oracle, AP and Windchill.
- Process all office filing.
- Process both incoming and outgoing mail and ordering office/safety supplies.
- Answer and respond to customer calls and assist Inside Sales with workload.
- Manage phones.
- Manage training calendar and events including catering and supplies.
- Assist Area Operations Manager and staff with reports and special requests.
- Picking, receiving, staging inventory and other warehousing responsibilities.
- Ensure that the customer center offices are properly resourced (equipment, supplies, and training) to meet all required objectives and targets.
- Supports related invoicing and budget oversight.
- Ensures Area Customer Centers offers a professional environment that positively presents Ingersoll Rand to visiting customers and is a desirable work environment for employees.
- Ensures employment and EHS regulatory compliance.
- Work with Finance to manage data for reporting and decision making. Monitor compliance and address any discrepancies immediately.
- Ensure that all immediate customer needs are being addressed
- Review and submit payroll for the customer centers
- New hire onboarding (review and upload I9’s, document collecting, benefit meeting scheduling, portal navigation)
- Associate Degree required or minimum of 3 years of HR , Finance or office administration experience in a sales environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication, including influencing skills.
- Ability to virtually collaborate with peers in remote locations.
- Financial acumen, problem resolution and data analytics skills are needed for success.
- Proficient in MS Office; proprietary software proficiency will be required after hire.
- Travel 10%
- The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee will occasionally be required to stand, sit, climb, or balance. The employee must regularly move and/or lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally move and/or lift up more than 75 pounds. This position works in a typical parts store/warehouse environment.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: TONAWANDA-New York
Job: Administrative Services
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 30, 2018, 11:31:43 AM