Ingersoll Rand Advanced Manufacturing Engineer in TYLER, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Trane Residential HVAC & Supply Advanced Manufacturing Engineer focuses on partnering with customers at various manufacturing and distribution sites to provide innovative solutions that create a competitive advantage for our business. The Advanced Manufacturing Engineering group develops and implements manufacturing solutions for new product platforms as well as innovative manufacturing solutions for existing products. The AME team also supports the business goals including safety, quality, customer satisfaction, productivity, capacity and facility planning. This role requires interaction with site manufacturing personnel, design engineering, suppliers, various levels of management, and other support functions at all company sites.
- Identify and evaluate new manufacturing technologies. Process technologies to include but not limited to metal joining of copper, steel and aluminum (welding, soldering, brazing, mechanical joining as well as other types of joining), metal stamping/fabrication, packaging, assembly, tube fabrication, metal finishing, and many other manufacturing technologies.
- Develop and implement long range facility plans based on business forecasts.
- Develop manufacturing solutions concurrently with product design (Production Preparation Process) to create competitive advantage with respect to safety, quality cost and delivery.
- Develop cost estimates and budgets for new facilities/processes, modification of existing facilities/manufacturing processes, replacement of facilities/equipment.
- Execute projects to procure and commission new manufacturing equipment. Responsible for all aspects of projects from defining specifications/requirements through commissioning of equipment and hand over to manufacturing.
- Support ‘green’ environmental efforts by assisting sites with various environmental process issues, such as waste water compliance, etc.
- Support productivity projects at plant sites by representing the AME function.
- Travel to various sites and suppliers as required to execute AME duties (ranging from 2-3 days travel once per month to 3-4 weeks travel in a row), subject to the requirements of the assignment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 7 years combined experience in manufacturing engineering/design engineering
- Professional Engineer preferred
- Project Management experience, PMP certification preferred
- New Product Development process experience preferred
- Lean experience preferred
- 3P experience (Lean Production Preparation Process) a plus
Fabrication process knowledge
Tube cutting, forming
- Copper brazing
- Sheet metal stamping/forming
- Machine/equipment design
- Automated equipment experience (PLC, machine controls, robotics)
- Assembly process experience (conveyance systems, carts, processes)
- Manufacturing facility planning/layout
- Expertise in compliance with OSHA, NEC, NFPA, EPA and other standards applicable to office, manufacturing and distribution sites.
- Project management skills/background
- Demonstrated ability to execute simultaneous complex projects
- High proficiency or high aptitude to learn Word, Excel, Powerpoint, CAD (Pro-E or AutoCAD)
- Outstanding communication skills.
- High mechanical/electrical/process aptitude.
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- STRONG DRIVE TO ACHIEVE RESULTS.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: TYLER-Texas
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 13, 2018, 2:17:39 PM