Ingersoll Rand Research and Analytics Manager in TYLER, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
*Open to a Virtual Work Assignment*
The Research and Analytics Manager will support our Residential HVAC & Supply business by building and leading a strategy-driven learning plan that delivers research, analyses, tools, and processes to drive profitable market share growth across multiple customer segments, product lines, and business functions.
Develops research and analytics strategy and leads all aspects of resulting projects
Understand the business strategy and clarify decisions we need to make in order to execute successfully on that strategy
- Design projects to answer questions that will help us to confidently make decisions
- Engage appropriate team members at key stages of the project, resulting in full buy-in on the project and its deliverables
- Select and manage research and data science vendors
- Execute projects in a timely manner and within budget
- Synthesize and present findings to stakeholders, including strategic implications and recommended actions to improve business performance
Scale insights to maximize the impact of recommended actions through centralized reporting and new / enhanced business processes
Identifies key findings, develops a comprehensive set of recommendations, and operationalizes insights to optimize business and financial performance.
- Manages the development of financial and statistical models, structures analytical approaches, and oversees the data-gathering process.
- Develops strong partnerships with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, product management, customer experience, finance, and operations.
- Selects and evaluates a variety of research and data science agencies, including those that provide primary research, secondary data, competitive intelligence, analytics, and forecasting services.
- Provides assistance for special projects as assigned.
- 10 years in an analytics or related field
- Strong analytical skills with experience in statistical modeling and analysis
- Proficient with Excel, visualization tools such as Tableau, and statistical tools such as SPSS/SAS/RapidMiner
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of the Residential HVAC & Supply industry is preferred
- Self-starter. Capable of creating one's own agenda and deliverables based on key business challenges & opportunities.
- Ability to produce robust analytical work in a space where data is often imperfect.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking capabilities, including the ability to work with data, find and extract insight from it, and communicate findings in a way that inspires action and leads to positive business outcomes.
- Passion to use data to solve problems and provide guidance to the business. Data visualization skills are a must.
- Project management skills, particularly managing internal and external resources to complete projects.
- Summarizes abstract ideas clearly and independently.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: TYLER-Texas
Other Locations: North America-United States-North Carolina, North America-United States-Missouri, North America-United States-Minnesota, North America-United States-Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 23, 2018, 4:53:16 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.