Ingersoll Rand Area Service Manager- Trane in VALLEY VIEW, Ohio
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for directing service projects or a multitude of service projects of ongoing service agreements and emergency service work within an assigned territory or market. The Area Service Manager manages all aspects of the projects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame and with available resources. Typically requires an Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; four (4) to ten (10) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is responsible for up to $5M in Revenue.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Accountable for the strategy and performance achievement of operating plan.
- Responsible for all aspects of project planning for ongoing service contracts and emergency service needs, including work orders, change requests, etc.
- Identifies and prioritizes projects and plans jobs in detail.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and budget for assigned projects.
- Reviews and validates contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Creates and makes revisions to project schedules including assigning tasks.
- Meets with contractors and owners to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
- Functions as the primary interface between the customer, vendors, sub-contractors, and internal expertise within the office and project administration.
- Responsible for identifying possible cost saving opportunities and/or risk items that will occur on various projects.
- Confirms Trane’s ability to meet the project performance and financial requirements by obtaining and analyzing customer data, project data, and implementation issues prior to accepting the project.
- Responsible for completion of documents and updating of corporate databases.
- Facilitates invoicing and payments by verifying and approving project-related materials.
- Maintains quality standards by supervising project-assigned staff and inspecting job sites.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
- Manages the assigned project within the time and cost estimates.
- Establishes a professional relationship with the customer and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
- Obtains acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the customer.
- Elicits and verifies punch list and warranty items are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for training and developing HVAC Field Technicians.
- Makes recommendations for hiring/terminating staff to the Service Manager.
- Supports HVAC Field Technicians by providing technical advice and offering guidance.
- Ensures the quality of work by reviewing technicians work.
- Assists in scheduling, organizing, and dispatching HVAC Field Technicians.
- Conducts performance appraisals in concert with service supervisory personnel to recommend raises, promotions, training, and disciplinary actions.
- Manages performance by monitoring service personnel effectiveness and efficiency in relation to customer service and operating plan goals.
- Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
- Regular travel requirements with some overnight travel.
Directly supervises HVAC Field Technicians in the Service process. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, coaching and mentoring employees; and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; four (4) to ten (10) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of office equipment and Microsoft Office products. Familiarity with the operation of Energy Management Systems, HVAC Systems and/or Temperature Controls preferred.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: VALLEY VIEW-Ohio
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Sep 5, 2018, 2:02:46 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.