Ingersoll Rand Supplier Quality Engineer III in VIDALIA, Georgia
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment.We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Responsible for leading Supplier Quality activities for Trane Residential HVAC SBU.Effectively administer the Quality Management System in accordance with current procedures, work instructions. Partner with Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Program Management, and Supply Chain to meet customer expectations.
- Leads initial Supplier orientation, provides on-boarding training as required.
- Active participant of Sourcing Council and Commodity teams – providing the quality detail required to support source selection and rationalization.
- Provides Supplier with technical oversight and expertise in areas such as Process Development, PFMEA, Measurement Systems, Control Plans and Error Proofing.
- Leads AQP reviews with Suppliers which include Design Specification, Pass Thru identification, Safe Launch Control, Launch Readiness and Run @ Rate.
- Drives on-time PPAP and Flawless Launch for responsible components.
- Drives process and systemic quality improvements, at assigned supplier sites, through the use of quality tools (SIPP, SPC, Lean, Six Sigma) and validates improvements through defined measurables to reduce quality non-conformances “SCAR”.
- Continually monitors assigned suppliers “SCAR” status and works with suppliers and plant SQE to minimize quality impact to our Operations and end Customer.
- Acts as a quality subject matter expert, working in conjunction with Plant SQE and Suppliers in 8D problem solving - leading cross-functional teams on major issues resolution at Supplier locations.
- Performs advanced analysis (Commodity, Quality Systems, DPPM, DMR) to determine trends along with proposed actions to drive performance improvement.
- Leads training of internal staff along with other functions on Supplier Development governance strategy, policy, procedures and work instructions.
- Prepares, distributes and communicates periodic Supplier performance status and risk assessments to regional leadership as required.
- Works to actively deploy IR’s defined Supplier Development Procedures, Processes and work instructions within the region. May lead process and procedures review along with continuous improvement actions
- Bachelor's degree in Technical or Engineering discipline
- 3-5 years plant manufacturing experience
- 5 years experience using quality tools/methodologies (PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC, auditing)
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the company
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated Quality Role Profile Competencies
- Demonstrated quality/process expertise within a commodity/s
- Quality Leadership (Advanced)
- Product and Process Quality Planning (Advanced)
- Analytical/Statistical Tools and Methods (Advanced)
- Inspection and Testing (Practitioner)
- External Requirements (Practitioner)
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals.We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest.We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: VIDALIA-Georgia
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jun 26, 2018, 8:40:55 AM