Ingersoll Rand Quality Technician in WEST CHESTER, Pennsylvania
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Processes warranty claims submitted by customer through inspection, test and investigation of product(s) returned. Documents the findings on early life failure modes, QA hold tag and/or reword tag. Verifies product returns to the facility. When required, documents, repair, repackage and labels produce as applicable. Participates with new produce development in serviceability studies for service technician repair processes.
·Responsible for products with regard to meeting quality requirements and improvements.
·Coordination of assigned APQP projects and the development and/or update of the following:Control Plans, Process Flow Diagrams, APQP Documentation, PMFEA’s, Inspection Instructions, and others as needed
·Perform initial field return analysis and coordinate with service group to determine failures.
·Review and investigate warranty concerns through communication with Service Tech, Application Engineers and the Operations.
·Analyze root cause of warranty concerns using various problem solving approaches as appropriate
·Participate in cross-functional problem solving and continuous improvement efforts.
·Develop product evaluation procedures by product type to ensure consistent reporting and evaluation of customer quality related issues.
·Prepare finding reports based on initial and in-depth review.
·Issue period reports summarizing customer quality failures.
·Return goods inspection
·Segregate / consolidates material as necessary
·Disassemble and scrap out returned products
·Sort and identify parts as required
·Package and label product as needed.
·Prepare periodic reports and other data for presentations to managers and/or plant personnel.
- Identifies and communicates quality trends and improvements.
- Identifies and develops new quality metrics as needs arise.
- Promotes quality principles and performance across the organization
- Educates, coaches and mentors in inspection methods, auditing, root cause corrective action and quality
- Ensures a high level of internal and external customer service.Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to product quality.
- Provides statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Maintains active role on Continuous Improvement / RIE Teams
- Complies with all plant EPA, OSHA and other regulatory requirements are met.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- Helping update and maintain visual performance tools, including MDI boards
- Assist all teams as needed to ensure improvements are made and sustained.
- Follow up on action plans
- Other duties as assigned or as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two or more years working in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of air treatment systems processes and devices or related field preferred.
- Ability to obtain a technical understanding of the applicable products and processes
- Able to communicate both verbally and written in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to read engineering prints
- Knowledge of basic mechanics
- Knowledge of office application software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with peers, customers, supervisors and upper management.
- Self-driven that can work with minimal supervision.
- Work schedule flexibility and project management skills are necessary for accomplishing objective.
- Knowledge and experience working with basic Lean Manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement based tools and techniques including but not limited to value stream mapping, voice of the customer, kaizen leadership, continuous flow, and 5S highly preferred
- Use of Quality Engineering methods in inspection
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverseculture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of ouremployee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances ourcustomer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: WEST CHESTER-Pennsylvania
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Jul 13, 2018, 8:10:59 AM