Ingersoll Rand TRANE - Pre-Apprentice - Wilmington, MA in WILMINGTON, Massachusetts
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
This position provides a pathway to become enrolled as a Local 537 Refrigeration Technician Apprentice. It is a maximum two year duration as Pre-Apprentice prior to joining the union. The job duties are restricted only to the following tasks:
1. Truck driving – including pick-up and delivery of parts or equipment.
2. Filter Changing.
3. Oiling and greasing.
4. Belt Adjusting or replacement.
5. Cleaning of cooling towers and coils.
6. Water treatment.
7. General housekeeping.
8. Indoor Air quality (IAQ) related work.
9. Drain & Sewer cleaning.
· Transportation: Valid Driver's License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUI's in previous 5 years.
· Physical Demands: Reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, push, pull, or crawl; and talk or hear; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Work Environment: Frequent visits to job sites, which could require working outdoors in extreme weather conditions and mechanical/equipment rooms with exposure to wet and/or humidity, extreme heat and cold conditions, high, precarious places, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
· Displays team effort and dedication : to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business required.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: WILMINGTON-Massachusetts
Shift: Day Job
Type: Entry Job/Early Talent
Posting: Jul 5, 2018, 10:50:26 AM