Ingersoll Rand Account Manager in WOBURN, Massachusetts
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
As an Account Manager, you serve as the face of Trane with our customers. You will develop and maintain customer relationships to ensure maximum revenues through account penetration. This includes finding, generating and developing new channel partners and retaining current customers in order to sell the company’s products to end-users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities .
- Liaison between customers and the office.
- Develops new customer accounts by calling on potential customers in their territory with product literature. Pre-call or visit planning, visits and supports customer accounts.
- Ascertains current market opportunities.
- Researches and provides market sales data.
- Increases sales to existing accounts.
- Follows up on quotes to help build business pipeline.
- Establishes systematic customer contact to provide on-going information.
- Identifies customer problems and/or needs, and creates a dynamic action plan designed to meet them.
- Develops multiple relationships with key players in customer operations.
- Develops and executes an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable, and successful partnership.
- Attends sales meetings and reports sales activity, new account development, and upcoming itinerary.
- Notifies customers of specials; new projects, services, promotions, etc.
- Possesses knowledge of the product lines to create awareness and demand for products with existing and potential customers.
- Maintains records of sales, customer information, and requests by updating data.
- Performs analysis on customer purchases, needs and uses.
- Performs analysis of product mix
- Reviews and provides feedback on customer support programs.
- Creates and maintains territorial listing noting classification of customer and frequency of calls.
- Maintains customer data files.
- Maintains contact information on each assigned account as well as new business focused accounts; weekly call reports, account plan reporting to be completed in a CRM tool.
- Completes training as required, including safety training, certification and testing.
- Reinforces culture of safety by utilizing all appropriate resources to safely perform all functions of the job.
- Occasional travel requirements with some overnight travel. (Approximately 5-10%)
- Genuinely and effectively works effectively with diverse team of different backgrounds and experiences to achieve business results.
- Mentors and assists with onboarding of new associates
- Continuously seeks out opportunities for learning.
- Participates in different team and community involvement activities.
- Recognizes others for work well-done.
- Demonstrates engaging customer-facing behaviors and customer service
Supervisory Responsibilities - This job does not have team leader and/or supervisory responsibilities.
We are looking for team members who have the ability to work in harmony with all members of the organization and display that ability on an ongoing, daily basis. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
We are looking for an experienced sales professional with at least an AA degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and prior technical sales experience. HVAC sales or related HVAC experience is beneficial. A mechanical aptitude and background will be helpful in this role. Proven experience in building customer relationships. A strong knowledge and comfort level with computers is necessary. Programs used include Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, licenses, registrations
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proof of personal auto insurance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to effectively communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This position works in a variety of environments, from inside office to outdoors, mechanical/ equipment rooms, and industrial work environments. Frequent outdoor travel is required to visit customers. During visits to job sites, you may need to climb and may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, high heat, and risk of electrical shock. Hearing protectors should be worn in environments over 85 DBA.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: WOBURN-Massachusetts
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Aug 27, 2018, 9:17:50 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.